Business Acceleration Hubs - Apply now!
- fully funded, bespoke business acceleration
- sector specific events and market analysis
- University / Industry collaboration opportunities
- Small grant scheme and investment Support
The University of Bath has been awarded £1.5 million from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) to deliver start-up, scale-up, open innovation and investment support to grow innovative businesses in the West of England.
Bath SETsquared is the delivery partner for business acceleration services across the programmes.
Support will be provided in a number of ways including grants of up to £10,000, knowledge exchange, mentoring, research and innovation expertise and resource, business-university research partnerships, as well as bringing SMEs together with large corporate businesses though existing investor networks.
Sectors and application
- Sustainable Technology Business Acceleration Hub
- Applications open to companies innovating in low-carbon services and products, the circular economy, renewable energy generation and storage, sustainable chemical technology, smart cities and/or sustainable built environment.
- The Advanced Engineering Business Acceleration Hub
- Sector includes automotive, aerospace, maritime and large scale power generation; IAAPS will play a central by providing access to world leading expertise and research partnerships.
- The Digital Innovation Business Acceleration Hub
- An extension to the high tech business incubation support provided by Bath SETsquared for companies innovating in digital platforms and immersive technology; includes the health, well-being and creative media sectors.
submit an application
The application process will happen in two stages; your initial application will check your eligibility against ERDF (European Regional Development Fund) criteria. You will then be contacted by the project manager to be allocated to a sector hub for the second stage application.
Terms and Conditions
Your data will be held by the University of Bath and will be shared with the Business Acceleration Hub delivery partners and the West of England Growth Hub. Your data is held for the purposes of delivering the project and to identify which services we may offer you. Your data will also be used to report performance results of the Business Acceleration Hubs to the Department for Communities and Local Government. You may request a copy of the data we hold on you by writing to the University of Bath. Please read the full privacy statement.
The University of Bath and the Business Acceleration Hub delivery partners provide no warranty in relation to the outcome of the programme for any participant, and accept no liability for any use made by a participant of information and advice provided under the programme.
Your application, potential business and product ideas will be judged at application and at various points throughout the programme. Continuation on the programme is at the discretion of the delivery partners and is dependent on the quality of the business idea and progress made during the support offered by the programme. The University of Bath's decision on whether to offer support, or continue support, is final.
By ticking the box above you confirm that you accept these terms and conditions.